Friday, August 13, 2010

Down to Earth?

Recently I have been bouncing around ideas in my head about being rooted in God. Water's Edge started these thoughts when I heard of their sermon series "Rooted."

As I was reading a book tonight, my mind wandered (which is why it takes me so long to read) and I connected an idea I had never thought of before. I remembered how I have always liked to say that I am the kind of person that is down to earth. In my mind, my mental image is of roots in the ground.  Does that mental image mean that I want to be rooted in this earth? This thought struck me. 

So instead I suppose my desire is not to be "down to earth" after all, but instead have my roots in righteousness, not of this world. What would that sound like? Give me your ideas for a new phrase

No comments:

Post a Comment